|Gift of Time and Talent
Our mission is to mobilize the church to transform lives and communities in the name of Christ. LOVE Christian Clearinghouse offers the members of our partner churches the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Christ through direct contact with our callers.
As an active Christian seeking a way to express your faith, consider a 3 hour a week volunteer 'job' at the Clearinghouse Call-In Center in Westmont. Together we will explore how your gifts can help someone in need, while nourishing your own spirit. The Clearinghouse has many volunteer opportunties...which one is calling you?
1. Listen to our callers, complete an assessment form and share the LOVE of CHRIST over the phone!
2. This position also provides the opportunity to learn about area social services and agencies available to assist our callers.
1. Help organize business, client and resource files in the office.
2. Light reception work: taking phone messages, helping with mailings.
1. Maintain client database, or service agency data base on-line, ensuring latest infomration is available to the Intake Volunteers.
2. Update website as needed.
1. Participate in one or two fundraising events each year by helping as needed on a fundraising committee: marketing, food preparation, event set-up or other as defined for the event.
Books that help to define our mission:
“When Helping Hurts", Corbett & Fikkert, – Moody Publishers, 2009
“Faith Works,” Wallis – Page Mill Press, 2001
“The Church of Irresistible Influence,” Lewis – Zondervan House, 2002
Help deliver Bibles to our clients who request a new bible. This can be a very rewarding ministry as you share the word of God with our families.